Monday, April 3, 2006

No Limit Texas Hold 'Em

This past weekend my golf association held a charity No Limit Texas Hold 'Em tournament at Spanish Trails Country Club.


I had never played poker before, but like many have watched it endlessly on FSN, ESPN, USA, Bravo...  I called a friend who is a professional poker player and asked him for a quick lesson last week.


It must have been a good lesson because out of 49 people in the tournament, I came in 9th.  Top 10 won prizes so I got some goodies to take home.


Now you can call it beginner's luck (and you would be right), but I prefer to consider myself a natural.   :)

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. Don't get addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the hardest part was when I was dealt a Jack and Ace and I wanted to yell Blackjack- but wrong game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I see you show up at the online poker site I use, I'll know to run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He wanted to get into strategy, etc, but I just wanted to focus on 'what beat what'. Sounds lame, but having never played before I didn't know if say you almost have a flush (4 into it), does that beat out a high card. I know now it does not...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love no limit poker. it is my favorite addiction! i enjoy slow playing good cards...darn gave away my strategy.

    -phil ivey

    ReplyDelete