Monday, October 30, 2006

Vegoose Music Festival 2006




The 2nd Annual Vegoose Music Festival was this past weekend (10/28-10/29). It was awesome. Took me back to my college days....

Lots of bands, lots of people in tie dye, lots of smoke....

The lineup over the two days consisted of the following:
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
The Killers
The Mars Volta
The Keller Williams Incident
The Black Crowes
The Raconteurs
Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley
Medeski Martin & Wood w/ special guest Maceo Parker
Cat Power and the
Memphis Rhythm Band
Jurassic 5
Praxis
Yonder Mountain String Band
Gomez
Dr. Octagon aka Kool Keith
Money Mark
Toubab Krewe
The Coup
Yard Dogs Road Show
Widespread Panic
Phil & Trey...
Fiona Apple
Ben Folds
The Roots
Rhythm Devils Featuring Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Mike Gordon, Steve Kimock, & Sikiru Adepoju Plus Special Guest Jen Durkin
G. Love & Special Sauce
Galactic
Built To Spill
Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins
Guster
Jim James of My Morning Jacket
Band of Horses
Jamie Lidell
Matt Costa

We didn't catch all the acts, but heard many of them. Fun was had...

7 comments:

  1. No photos of Phil? No photos of Trey? No photos of Widespread?
    For shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How were the Killers and the Raconteurs? Looks like you were one of those "special VIPs"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're having way too much fun! Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walter,
    I was thinking of you the whole time- and how you and I would probably not have spent anytime together at the festival b/c our music tastes differ so... :)

    I heard Phil and Trey, but didn't go close enough to take pictures. Didn't stay for WSP- they were the last band Sunday night and I was sooooo wiped out (and not a big fan). Sorry.

    you should come next year! You would fit in well with the crowd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave,

    I have tried to not like the Killers (b/c I think Brandon Flowers has too big an ego for a band just on the rise), but there is no denying the talent. The sound was great (which is sometimes questionable at an outdoor festival).

    The Killers are from Vegas so this was a homecoming type show. Flowers first statement to the crowd was "I can honestly say, there is no place I would rather be".

    ReplyDelete
  6. You met Mr. T ? I'm SO jealous!!! Looks like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You met Mr. T ? I'm SO jealous!!! Looks like you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete