Wednesday, December 20, 2006

5 things you may not know about me

Following suit- here are mine


5 things

 

1- I studied Opera in college.

 

2-  I had arthroscopic surgery on my jaw in 1992 (thus ending my Opera career- well, that and the fact that I wasn't good).

 

3- I don't want kids (and up until recently didn't really like them either).
Every one has told me, from the time I was young myself, that I would change my mind when I got older.  Nope.  I was never a baby sitter and I have always been uncomfortable around children (exact opposite of my kid-magnet brother).  Now that I am an aunt, I do like babies more than I used to, but I still don't want any of my own.

 

4- I have always dreamed of singing the National Anthem at a major league sporting event

 

5- I have randomly been on TV numerous times.
I was on some Dr. Ruth special with my high school class council, something about teens and sex.  I was on the news several times, for school things a couple times and once when my work was profiled for local business segment.  I was sitting front row at a Jimmy Kimmel talk show taping and the band came and sang to me and my friend.  Most recently I was on the security line at the Denver airport and they were filming something about a change in security, and of course they filmed my entire check in process (I never saw it, but friends across the country told me they did)... it's kinda weird.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is great to know that about yourself. I wouldn't have been one to tell you that you would change as you got older. And I think that one of the greatest things to know in life, is what you do NOT want to do. It is as important as what you do want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I avoided opera in college, had open heart surgery, probably should have had kids, have always dreamed of playing in a major league sporting event(centerfield for the Yankees), and have been on TV once-Wonderama, the week after JFK was shot.
    Barry

    ReplyDelete