Friday, February 9, 2007

time to smell the coffee

I am not a blogger, although I used to be a 'journaler' (I made that word up), but here's a short entry for you all. 


I have been very stressed and strained recently at work.  I realized I am in that mode of reactive living, rather than proactive living.  This goes against my annual assumed new year's resolution of living life purposefully.  Therefore today, on this beautiful Friday afternoon (beautiful in Vegas anyway) I am rededicating myself to that goal.


Here are some quotes I always turn to.  I am sure I have posted them sporadically through my site over the years, but I hope today they help you all to remember to take time to smell the coffee and to live a life of purpose. 








  • I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
    William Penn

  • This is the true joy in life - being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you consistent.
    George Bernard Shaw

  • I went to the woods, because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
    Henry David Thoreau

  • If we did all things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.
    Thomas Edison

  • Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.
    J.C. Hare

  • There is really no insurmountable barrier save your own inherent weakness of purpose.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  • I think it annoys God if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.
    Alice Walker

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Jodi! I'm having some similar feelings lately too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its all about you..so the saying goes anyways!! I think everyone has these feelings. It's part of our life"s journey...where do we go from here? You go girl..

    ReplyDelete