Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Looking for advice- old Star Wars toys

Somehow I ended up with a ton of crates/cartons, etc from my parents house.  One is filled with old Star Wars toys.  Not the figures, but rather pieces of ships and star stations (?) like parts of the millennium falcon, etc.  These are in no way what we would call mint condition.   They have all been played with, some have missing pieces and some have stickers peeling off.

Can I please just throw them away????  I think they were kept this long because of a thought that they may be worth money some day.  But I think that would only be the case if they were in good condition or still in original packaging.

I could really use the closet space- may I dump these toy fragments?  Yes???  Yes???

(I am keeping the sand cruiser b/c it is cool)

6 comments:

  1. I wouldn't throw them out. Chances are people will want to buy those missing pieces. You may want to itemize each one and post them on eBay. Or you can just sell the whole lot. You may get a few hundred bucks for them. At least $100. It depends...

    If you decide to throw the lot away, just mail to me and I'll pay for shipping. I'll probably end up keeping them. I'm not a Star Wars fan but I do know a few people who are so I'd probaby slowly give the toys to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Walter... you may have the pieces that someone else is missing! Maybe you could post on Craiglist or something and sell the whole lot. Or if you don't want to deal with pricing, just give them to the first person willing to take them off your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most interesting is the cliche of the parents getting to the age where they have lost the nostalgia for all their kids crap and then give you all the crap you never really wanted in boxes and crates. My mom just moved and pulled that on me. 20 boxes later. so then you feel guilty dumping it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish i still had all my old star wars figures/ships/playsets, etc. If it were me, I'd hold on to them, but if you need to closet space, i think you could definitely find them a home somewhere.

    I never had the landspeeder. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My parents saved all our old Star Wars stuff, and gave it all to my brother's kids. They love playing with it, as they are newly addicted to the franchise thanks to the newer movies. We just took the boys and their cousins to see Clone Wars this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was and still am a big fan of Star Wars. I would never part with these items but when push comes to shove, the space it takes up is not always worth the "nostalgia". It is true as you said that this was passed on to Jodi when her parents moved but these were Jodi's toys to do with as she pleases. My advice to Jodi is to dump this carton if she must but I have asked her to at least hold on to Han Solo for me!
    Jodi's mom

    ReplyDelete