Friday, October 1, 2004

Morrissey at Constitution Hall, 9/29/04

Rating:★★★★★
Category:Music
Genre: Alternative Rock
Artist:Morrissey
Wow.

If you are not a Morrissey or Smiths fan, you probably wouldn't have enjoyed this concert. But if you are, like me, you would have loved it!!!

First off, Morrissey still looked great. He has put on some weight (which for him is good) and hair receded a little, but still had the height :)

I wasn't sure how much old stuff he would perform but I do have his new album so figured either way, it'd be good.

Oh my, was it. Here's the set list:


  1. How Soon is Now (The Smiths- Hatful of Hollow) [worth the ticket price right here]
  2. First of the Gang to Die (Morrissey- You are the Quarry)
  3. November Spawned a Monster (Morrissey- Bona Drag) [YAY!!!!]
  4. Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference (Morrissey- Bona Drag)
  5. Big Mouth Strikes Again (The Smiths- The Queen is Dead)
  6. Let Me Kiss You (Morrissey- You are the Quarry)
  7. The World is Full of Crashing Bores (Morrissey- You are the Quarry)
  8. Everyday is like Sunday (Morrissey- Viva Hate)
  9. How Can Anyone Possibly Know How I Feel (Morrissey- You are the Quarry)
  10. Rubber Ring (The Smiths- Louder Than Bombs)
  11. Irish Blood, English Heart (Morrissey- You are the Quarry)
  12. I Like You (Morrissey- You are the Quarry)
  13. You Know I Couldn't Last (Morrissey- You are the Quarry)
  14. There is a Light That Never Goes Out (The Smiths- The Queen is Dead) [this was the encore]


It was awesome. Made me very nostalgic. He made jokes and interacted a lot with the people in the front rows. And as always, during the encore, fans one by one swarmed the stage for a quick touch of his greatness.

If you happen to have the opportunity to catch him on this tour, I recommend it.


Just in the past month I saw Siousxie (of Siousxie and the Banshees) at the 9:30 Club and now Morrissey at Constitution Hall... It was like a major flashback month....

4 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOO jealous...I used to have a crush on the asexual abstainer when I was in high school, but even moreso...the VOICE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this. Just found out he's going to be playing Miami Beach. Definitely will be getting tickets.

    I saw him back in college in like 92 or 93. It was nostalgic even back then. God, that makes me feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow morrissey gw fans bgt ma dia ..
    apalagi wkt dlu ama the smith ..
    keren bgt ..
    gw penggemar musik british ..
    minta lagu2 british dunk??

    ReplyDelete